1. The Act regulates traffic on public roads and in residential areas, the conditions for admission of vehicles to the traffic, the requirements for persons driving vehicles and other traffic rules and traffic control.
The provisions of this Act shall apply also to the movement that takes place outside of public roads, if this is necessary to avoid endangering the safety of the participants in this movement.
1. Road – separate strip of land consisting of roadway pavement, shoulders, road (path), pedestrian or road (track) for bicycles including Junction rail vehicles located within the belt designed for moving or stationary vehicles, pedestrians, riding or forcing animals.
2. Hard road – way of the road about the bituminous surface, a cube, concrete, clinker or paving stones and slabs of concrete or stone and concrete surfaces if the length exceeds 20 m; other roads are dirt roads.
3. Highway – dual carriageway, marked by road signs, which are not allowed lateral movement, intended only for motor traffic, which on a level road can reach speeds of at least 40 km / h, also when towing a trailer.
4. Expressway – two-way single carriageway or marked by road signs, which are extremely junction, is only intended for motor traffic.
5. Road for bicycles – way or the part to be for cyclists, marked by proper road signs.
6. Roadway – part of the road designed for motor traffic, this term does not apply to tracks separated from the road.
7. Traffic lane – each of the longitudinal lanes sufficient for one moving line of vehicles multitrack, definite or indefinite signs.
8. Shoulder – part of the road adjacent to the roadway, which can be designed for pedestrian or certain vehicles, stationary vehicles, riding or forcing animals.
9. Pavement – part of the road designed for pedestrian traffic.
10. Crossroads – intersection at level road having a road, a fork or a combination thereof, including surfaces formed by an intersection or fork connection; This term does not apply to the intersection, merger or fork in the road with a hard dirt road or constituting access to the object in the road.
11. Pedestrian crossing – surface of the roadway, bicycle paths or tracks designed to pass through the foot, marked by road signs.
12. Passage for cyclists – the surface of the road or track designed for cyclists passing by, marked by road signs.
13. Stop/bus stop – place stopping public transport vehicles marked with appropriate signs.
14. Tunnel – building on the road, marked by road signs.
15. Build-up area – area marked by proper road signs.
16. Residential zone – area covering public roads or other ways, for which special rules of the road and the entrances and exits are marked by road signs.
17. participant of traffic – foot control and other occupants of the vehicle or on the vehicle on the road.
18. Pedestrian – person located outside the vehicle on the road and not performing on the works or activities provided by separate regulations; for pedestrians shall also be the person leading, pulling or pushing: bicycle, moped, stroller or wheelchair handheld, a person moving in a wheelchair and the person for ten years directing a bicycle accompanied by an adult.
19. Column of pedestrians – organized group of pedestrians, led by the manager or the commander.
20. Control – a person who drives the vehicle or combination of vehicles as well as the person who leads a column on foot, or riding on top makes the animals in the herd or individually.
21. Driver – person entitled to drive a motor vehicle.
22. Particular care – care consisting in increasing attention to adapt behavior participant traffic conditions and changing situations on the road, to the extent that adequately respond quickly.
23. Give a way – refrain from traffic when traffic could force another driver to change direction or lane or a substantial change of speed, a pedestrian to stop, slow down or speed up the pace.
24. Led traffic – movement opened and closed by traffic lights or by an authorized person.
25. Poor visibility – visibility occurs from dusk to dawn, and also in conditions of reduced transparency of the air from dawn to dusk.
26. Overtaking – maneuvering (pass) by the participant or vehicle traffic flowing in the opposite direction.
27. Bypassing – maneuvering (transition) is not next to a moving vehicle traffic participant or obstacles.
28. Overtaking (2) – maneuvering (passage) by a vehicle or traffic participants moving in the same direction.
29. Stop of the vehicle – immobilisation of the vehicle due to conditions or rules of the road lasting no longer than 1 minute and every immobilisation of the vehicle under these conditions or provisions.
30. The stop of the vehicle – immobilisation of the vehicle due to conditions or rules of the road, lasting longer than 1 minute.
31. Vehicle – means of transport to travel on the road as well as a machine or device for this purpose.
32. Motor vehicle – vehicle equipped with an engine, with the exception of a moped and a vehicle.
33. Car-like vehicle – car-like vehicle, whose design allows driving at a speed exceeding 25 km / h; term does not include agricultural tractor.
34. Slow-moving vehicle – slow-moving vehicle, whose maximum design speed of 25 km / h, with the exception of the agricultural tractor.
35. Articulated vehicle – combination of vehicles consisting of a motor vehicle association with the trailer.
36. Special vehicle – motor vehicle or trailer, structurally not designed to carry passengers or freight.
37. The vehicle used for special purposes – motor vehicle designed specifically for the transport of persons or goods used by the Armed Forces, the Police, Internal Security Agency, Intelligence Agency, Border Guard, Tax Control, Customs Service, Fire Protection Unit, Road Transport Inspectorate and the Prison Service.
38. Vintage vehicle – a vehicle that on the basis of separate regulations has been entered in the register of monuments or included in the central register of cultural goods.
39. Emergency vehicle – the vehicle sends light signals in the form of blue lights and audible signals at the same time a changing tone, driving with dipped headlights or traffic; This term also includes vehicles driving in the column, which at the beginning and end of the vehicles are favored sending additional light signals in the form of red light flash.
40. Car – motor vehicle structurally designed to carry no more than 9 persons including the driver and their luggage.
41. Bus – motor vehicle structurally designed to carry more than 9 persons including the driver.
a) school bus – bus designed to carry children to school colors of orange, marked on the front and the back of the rectangular plate of white color, with the inscription of black “school bus”.
42. Truck – motor vehicle structurally designed to carry goods; This term also includes car cargo – passenger, structurally designed to carry goods and people in a number from 4 to 9 including the driver.
43. TAXI – motor vehicle properly equipped and marked, designed to carry for a fixed fee based on the taximeter:
a) of not more than 9 including the driver and their luggage (transport pool)
b) of cargo weighing less than 2.5 tonnes. (taxi luggage)
44. Farm tractor – motor vehicle designed for use in conjunction with hardware to work agricultural, forestry or horticulture; the tractor can also be equipped to tow trailers and earthmoving.
45. Motorcycle – motor vehicle, single track or sidecars – multitrack.
46. Moped – or the multitrack track vehicle equipped with an internal combustion engine with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50 cm3, whose maximum design speed of 45 km / h.
47. Bicycle – track vehicle or multitrack moved by the muscular people riding in the vehicle.
48. Wheelchair – vehicle structurally designed to move a disabled person, powered by muscle or using a motor with a maximum design speed to walking pace.
49. Combination of vehicles – vehicles joined together to walk on the road as a whole; does not apply to vehicles joined to tow.
50. Trailer – vehicle without the engine, adapted to be coupled to another vehicle.
51. Light trailer – trailer has a maximum authorized mass not exceeding 750 kg.
52. Semitrailer – trailer, part of which rests on the motor vehicle and charges the vehicle.
53. Curb weight – mass of the vehicle with its normal equipment, fuel, oil, grease and liquids in nominal quantities, without a driver.
54. Permissible gross weight – the largest set appropriate technical conditions mass laden people and cargo, admitted to navigate your way.
55. Total loaded weight – weight of the vehicle including the mass located on the things and people.
56. Allowed package – the largest mass of freight and people, which can carry the vehicle, which is the difference permissible total weight and the weight of the vehicle.
57. Axle load – the sum of the pressures exerted on the road have wheels located on one axis.
1. A person driving a vehicle must drive on the right side.
2. Driver, using the dual carriageway shall be obliged to go on the right road, the road of those not included in the road dedicated to real estate located on the road.
3. A driver using a two-way road, at least four lanes is required to deal lane located on the right half of the roadway.
4. The driver is obliged to go close as possible to the right edge of the roadway. If the stripes on the roadway are determined, can not occupy more than one lane.
5. Chariot driver of a vehicle, bicycle, moped, handcart and a person using a vehicle driven by a motor, are obliged to move around the side of the road, unless it is not suitable for driving or moving the vehicle impede the movement of pedestrians.
6. A driver located on the road on the drive rail vehicles, is obliged to give way to nadjeżdżającemu a rail vehicle.
Turning to traffic
1. Turning to the movement takes place at the start of driving after stopping or stopped not by conditions or rules of the road and when entering:
1. the road from the property, with a roadside object or directions to such a facility, the road which is not a public road and from the area of residence.
2. on the way from the field or on the road with a hard dirt road.
3. on the road from the shoulder, the pavement or the lane for slow vehicles.
3a. the roadway or the shoulder of the road for bicycles, with the exception of entry to the crossing for cyclists.
4. rail vehicle – on the road from the depot or on the road out of the loop.
2. The driver, including the traffic is obliged to take special care and give way to another vehicle or traffic participant.
1. Driver of a vehicle approaching the designated bus stop (trolley) to the built-up area, is obliged to reduce speed, and if necessary stop to allow the drivers of the bus (trolley) to join the traffic when the driver of such a vehicle signal indicator intention to change lanes or they enter the bay on the road.
Art. 18 a
1. Driver of a vehicle approaching the berth school bus is required:
1. to stop, unless the head of the bus passed a stop signal.
2. to reduce speed, and if necessary stop to allow the bus driver to enter the road or neighboring lane, if it signals the intention to perform such a maneuver.
2. The driver of a school bus in the situation referred to in paragraph. 1 can enter the adjacent lane or the road only after you are sure that this will not endangering road safety.
The speed and braking
1. A driver is required to drive at a speed that provides control of the vehicle, including the conditions under which the movement takes place, in particular: the terrain, the status and visibility of the road condition and the load of the vehicle, weather conditions and traffic.
2. The driver is obliged to:
1. drive at a speed not hindering driving a different steering.
2. inhibit in a way that does not cause traffic safety hazards or obstacles.
3. the time interval required to avoid collision in the event of braking or stopping the vehicle in.
3. Outside built-up areas, on roads two-way two-lane, driver of a vehicle covered by an individual speed limit or a vehicle or combination of vehicles with a length of more than 7 m is required to keep a distance from the motor vehicle in front of it to other leading vehicles could safely enter the gap held between those vehicles. This provision does not apply if a driver enters the overtaking or when overtaking is prohibited.
1. Permitted speed of the vehicle or combination of vehicles on a built-up area in the 5.00-23.00 is 50 km / h, subject to paragraph. 2.
1a. Permitted speed of the vehicle or combination of vehicles on a built-up area in the hours 23.00-5.00 is 60 km / h, subject to paragraph. 2.
2. Permitted speed of the vehicle or combination of vehicles in a residential zone is 20 km / h.
3. The speed limit outside built-up areas, subject to paragraph. 4 and 5, is for:
1. car passenger, motorcycle or truck with a maximum mass not exceeding 3, 5 t:
a. on a highway – 130 km/ h.
b. on the expressway with dual carriageway – 110 km/ h.
c. on the express road with single carriageway and on the dual carriageway at least two lanes in each direction – 100 km/ h.
d. on other roads – 90 km/ h.
e. combination of vehicles or the vehicle is not mentioned in point. 1:
a. on the highway, the expressway or the dual carriageway at least two lanes in each direction – 80 km/ h.
b. on other roads – 70 km/ h.
4. The speed limit for a bus that meets additional technical conditions specified in the provisions referred to in Article. 66 paragraph. 5 on the highway and the expressway is 100 km / h.
6. Permitted speed of some vehicles, subject to paragraph. 2 is:
1. tractor (with trailer) – 30 km/ h.
2. vehicle with a device protruding forwards more than 1.5 m from the seat to the driver – 30 km / h on the built-up areas and 60 km / h outside built-up areas.
3. motorcycle (also with trailer) and a moped, which carries a child aged up to 7 years – 40 km/ h.
1. The management body of road traffic may increase or decrease by means of traffic signs, speed limit applicable to vehicles built-up area.
2. The speed limit referred to in paragraph. 1 may be:
1. reduced – if the conditions of traffic safety on the road or stretch so warrants.
2. increased – if the traffic conditions on the road or section ensure the respect of safety.
3. The management body of the movement on the roads can reduce, by means of traffic signs, speed limit of vehicles in force outside built-up area, where the conditions of traffic safety on the road or stretch so warrants.
4. Vehicle registration authority may determine for the individual vehicle speed limit lower than that specified in art. 20, if it is justified by the construction or technical condition of the vehicle. The speed limit should be indicated on the sign located at the rear of the vehicle.
The change of direction or lane
1. The driver can change driving direction or occupied lane only with caution.
2. The driver of vehicle is obliged to approach:
1. the right edge of the road – if it intends to turn right
2. to the center of the road or on the road with one-way to the left krawędzi- if it intends to turn left.
3. The provision of paragraph. 2 shall not apply if the vehicle dimensions prevent twisting accordance with the principle set out in that provision is acceptable or riding in one direction only.
4. Driver, changing the occupied lane, is obliged to give way to the vehicle rider to the lane, he intends to enter, and vehicle wjeżdżającemu this lane on the right side.
5. The driver is obliged to advance and clearly signal the intention to change direction or lane and stop-signal immediately after the maneuver.
6. It is forbidden to U-turn:
1. in the tunnel, on the bridge, overpass, or a one-way street.
2. on a highway.
3. on an expressway, with the exception of the intersection or place assigned to it.
4. in circumstances where this could jeopardize the safety of traffic on the road or hinder the movement.
Evasive action, avoidance and withdrawal
1. The driver is obliged to:
1. the overtake keep a safe distance from the well past the vehicle or traffic participant and, if necessary, take the right and reduce speed or stop.
2. while bypassing keep a safe distance from omijanego vehicle traffic participant or obstacles, and if necessary reduce speed; avoiding vehicle signaling wants to turn left can take place only with his right hand.
3. reversing give way to another vehicle or traffic participant and exercise extreme caution, and in particular:
a. check that the maneuver does not pose a threat to safety or inconvenience.
b. make sure that the vehicle is not an obstacle in the event of difficulties in ensuring personal control is obliged to enlist the assistance of another person.
2. It is forbidden to reverse the vehicle in the tunnel, on the bridge, overpass, an expressway.
1. The driver is obliged before overtaking ensure in particular that:
1. has sufficient visibility and sufficient space for overtaking without inconvenience anyone traffic.
2. control, riding behind him, did not start overtaking.
3. control, riding in front of him in the same lane, signaled no intention to overtake another vehicle, changing of direction or lane changes.
2. A driver is required when overtaking caution, especially a safe distance from the overtaken vehicle or traffic participant. In case of overtaking Cycle or pedestrian column spacing may not be less than 1 m.
3. A driver is required when overtaking pass from the left side of the overtaken vehicle, subject to paragraph. 4, 5 and 10.
4. The rail vehicle can be overtaken only the right, unless the position of the track prevents such overtaking and overtaking is done on a one-way road.
5. Overtaking vehicle or traffic participant, which signals the intention of turning left, can take place only with his right hand.
6. The vehicle’s driver overtaking prohibited overtaking during and immediately after the speed increase. Wolnobieżnym driver of a vehicle, the tractor or vehicle without the engine is obliged to take the most right and- if necessary – to stop in order to facilitate overtaking.
7. It is forbidden to overtake a motor vehicle running on the road:
1. when approaching to the top of the hill.
2. on the corner marked with warning signs.
3. at the intersection, with the exception of circular traffic intersection or where traffic is routed.
8. Overtaking is permitted in the places referred to in paragraph. 7 points. 1 and 2 on:
1. the one-way road
2. two-way road on the section of the designated traffic lanes, provided that it does not control enters the portion of the road intended for the movement in the direction of przeciwnym- in a place where it is prohibited signs on the road.
9. Allowed to overtake in a place referred to in paragraph. 7 points. 3 of the vehicle wants to turn signaling, provided that it does not control enters the portion of the road intended for traffic in the opposite direction. Allowed to overtake on the right side on a stretch of road with designated lanes, under the conditions set out in paragraph. 1 and 7:
1. on a one-way road
2. on a two-way road, where at least two lanes in built-up area or three lanes outside built-up areas are used to driving in the same direction.
It is forbidden to overtake a vehicle privileged built-up area.
Intersection traffic directions
1. Driver of a vehicle approaching the intersection, is obliged to exercise extreme caution and yield to the vehicle coming from your right, and if it turns left, as the rider from the opposite direction on a straight or twisting to the right.
2. The provision of paragraph. 1 does not apply to the rail vehicle, which has priority in relation to other vehicles, regardless of which side is coming.
3. The provisions of paragraphs. 1 and 2 shall also apply in the case of intersection of the directions of movement beyond the intersection.
4. The vehicle’s driver must not:
1. drive to the crossroads, if the intersection or behind it there is no place to continue driving,
2. separation column pedestrians.
1. Driver of a vehicle approaching the pedestrian crossing is obliged to exercise extreme caution and yield to pedestrians being situated at the crossing.
2. The driver, who turns into the road, is obliged to give way to a passing pedestrian at the intersection of the road path, which enters.
3. The vehicle’s driver is prohibited:
1. overtaking vehicle on a pedestrian crossing immediately before, except for the passage, in which the movement is made,
2. avoidance of the vehicle, which was traveling in the same direction, but stopped to give way to a pedestrian.
3. driving along the sidewalk or crosswalk.
4. Driver, crossing the sidewalk or path (path), pedestrian is obliged to drive slowly and yield to pedestrians.
5. The provision of paragraph. 4 shall apply accordingly when driving on the square, where due to the lack of separation of the roadway and sidewalks pedestrians and vehicles takes place on the same surface.
6. The driver is obliged to take special care when driving next to a tram stop marked, not located at the sidewalk. If the stop is not equipped with a central island for passengers, and on entering the tram stop or stands on it, directing is obliged to stop the vehicle in such a place and at a time to ensure free pedestrian access to the tram or on the sidewalk. These provisions shall apply accordingly with the movement of other public service vehicles.
7. If crossing the road a disabled person uses a special character or a person with reduced mobility visible, control is obliged to stop the vehicle to allow it to pass
1. Driver of a vehicle approaching the crossing for cyclists, is obliged to exercise extreme caution and yield to the bicycle being situated on the driveway.
2. Driver, crossing the path (path) of a bicycle outside the roadway, is obliged to give way to bicycles.
3. The vehicle’s driver forbidden to overtake a vehicle on crossings for cyclists and directly in front of him, with the exception of travel, on which the movement is headed.
1. Driver of a vehicle approaching a railroad crossing and passing through the passage, is obliged to take special care. Before driving on the tracks he is obliged to make sure that not approaching rail vehicle and take appropriate precautions, especially if the result of fog or other reasons, the transparency of air is reduced.
2. Control is required to drive a vehicle with such speed that he could keep it in a safe place when the rail vehicle is approaching or when the safety device or given a signal prohibits the entry to the passage.
3. The vehicle’s driver must not:
1. driving over the abandoned dams or half barriers and drive up a driveway, where they have started lowering or raising has not been completed.
2. you drive on the drive, if the other side of the crossing there is no place to continue driving.
3. overtaking a vehicle on a level crossing and immediately in front of it
4. circumvent the vehicle waiting for the opening of traffic through the crossing if this would require they enter part of the road intended for the opposite direction of movement.
4. In the event of immobilisation of the vehicle on a level crossing control shall immediately remove it from passing, and if this is not possible, to warn the driver of the vehicle of danger.
5. Driver of a vehicle or combination of vehicles with a length exceeding 10 m, which can not develop the speed more than 6 km / h, before entering the crossing is obliged to make sure that in the time it takes to move off by the drive does not come up a railway vehicle or to agree on the time of the passage of dróżnikiem station.
6. The provisions of paragraphs. 1-4 shall apply accordingly when crossing the tram tracks; the provision of paragraph. 3 Section 3 does not apply to an intersection or passing a tram on which the motion is directed.
Warning and driving in conditions of reduced transparency of air
1. The driver can use a beep or a light in the case when it is necessary warnings about the danger.
2.It is forbidden to:
1. abuse beep or light.
2. use the audio signal on the built-up area, unless this is necessary in connection with the immediate danger.
3. warning lights, road conditions, which can cause blindness other managers.
1. The driver is obliged to take special care when driving in conditions of reduced transparency of the air, due to fog, precipitation or other reasons, and also:
1. in charge of a motor vehicle is required:
a. turn on low beam or front fog lights, or both at the same time.
b. outside the built-in fog give short beeps when overtaking or avoidance.
2. head of another vehicle than the vehicle referred to in point. 1, is required:
a. turn on the lights, in which the vehicle is equipped.
b. use the side of the road, and if it is not possible to go as close to the edge of the road and do not overtake another vehicle.
2. Obligation to use the lights referred to in paragraph. 1, applies to the vehicle driver during stop resulting from the conditions or rules of the road.
3. The driver can use the rear fog lights if visibility reduced air reduces visibility of less than 50 m. In the case of improving the visibility of a driver is obliged to immediately turn off the lights.
1. Control can tow a motor vehicle only on the condition that:
1. the speed of the towing vehicle does not exceed 30 km / h in built-up areas and 60 km / h outside the area
2. the towing vehicle is switched on low beam even during the period sufficient visibility
3. the vehicle towed is in charge of having the right to drive the vehicle unless the vehicle is towed in a way which avoids the need to control it
4. towed vehicle is connected to the towing vehicle in a way which avoids coming off while driving; does not apply to towing a motorcycle, which should be connected to the towing vehicle combines flexible to allow easy disconnection
5. a towed vehicle, with the exception of the motorcycle is indicated on the back left side of the warning triangle reflectors, and the period of insufficient visibility is further enabled lamps; in place of the triangular reflector towed vehicle can send yellow flashing lights visible to other road users
6. the vehicle being towed to the rigid connection is OK at least one brake system and the vehicle being towed to the flexible connection – two circuity
7. the distance between the vehicles is not more than 3 meters when combined rigid, and from 4 to 6 meters with a flexible connection, the connection is marked with alternating red and white stripes, or provided with a flag of yellow or red; this provision shall not apply in the case of towing vehicles of military units subordinated to the Ministers of Defence and Internal Affairs and Administration
2. It is forbidden to tow:
1. a vehicle with defective steering or faulty brakes, unless the method of towing eliminates the need to use them.
2. vehicle by a flexible connection, if the vehicle braking system is dependent on engine running and the engine is stopped.
3. more than one vehicle other than the vehicle membered.
4. vehicle with trailer (trailer).
5. on the highway, with the exception of towing vehicles for towing to the nearest exit or service areas.
3. If the towing vehicle in a way which avoids the need to control it or the brakes are applied, the actual total weight of the towed vehicle must not exceed the actual total weight of the towing vehicle.
Stopping and parking
1. Stopping and parking of the vehicle are permitted only in a place and in conditions in which it is sufficient distance from the visible to other managers and does not cause danger to road safety or the inconvenience.
2. The driver, when stopping a vehicle on the roadway, is obliged to set it as close to the edge and parallel to it.
3. During a stop on the road outside the built-up vehicle should be, if possible, outside the roadway.
4. The driver is obliged to apply a stop or stop by signs.
5. The driver is obliged to stop in time to protect the vehicle against the possibility of its launch by an unauthorized person, and other precautions necessary to avoid an accident.
1. Allowed to stop or stop on the pavement the wheels of one side or the front axle of a motor vehicle with a maximum mass not exceeding 2.5 tonnes, provided that:
1. on a given stretch of road does not apply to non-stop or stopping.
2. pavement width left for pedestrians is that it does not hinder the movement of and is not less than 1, 5 m.
3. vehicle located front axle on the sidewalk is not obstructing the movement of vehicles on the road.
2. Is allowed, the conditions set out in paragraph 1 point. 2, stop, or stop on the sidewalk at the edge of the road the entire passenger car, motorcycle, moped or bicycle. Another vehicle with a maximum mass not exceeding 2, 5 t can all be placed on the sidewalk only in the place designated by road signs.
1. It is forbidden to stop the vehicle:
1. on a railroad crossing, to ride the tram, at the crossroads and at a distance of less than 10 meters from the crossing or intersection.
2. at a pedestrian crossing, on crossings for cyclists and less than 10 meters before the crossing or passing through; the way two-way two-lane this prohibition also applies for the passage or transit.
3. in the tunnel, on the bridge or viaduct.
4. on the road along the solid line, and near its end points, if it would force other vehicle drivers wielośladowymi to driving over the line.
5. on the road next to the dotted line defining the edge of the road and on the road and on the side of the road next to the solid line delineating the edge of the road.
6. at a distance of less than 10 meters from the front of the sign or traffic signal, if they would be obscured by vehicle.
7. on the left side of the roadway, with the exception of the stop or stationary vehicle in a built-up by one-way or two-way on the road with low traffic.
8. on the strip between the lanes.
9. at a distance of less than 15 m from the post or board denoting stop, and stop with zatoką- over its entire length.
10. at a distance of less than 15 m from the extreme points of the island, where the roadway on the right side of her has only one lane.
11. on the road (the path) for bicycles.
2. It is forbidden to stop:
1. at impeding entry or exit, in particular to and from the gate, garage, parking lot or the parking bay.
2. at impeding access to another vehicle properly parked or exit the vehicle.
3. before and after the railway crossing, on both sides of the road, on the section from the railway crossing to the post indicator with one dash.
4. are resident in a place other than designated for that purpose.
5. at built-up area, vehicle or combination of vehicles with a maximum mass exceeding 16 t or longer than 12 m, except in prescribed parking
3. It is forbidden to stop or stopping the vehicle on an expressway in a place other than designated for that purpose. If the immobilisation of the vehicle was for technical reasons, a driver is required to remove the vehicle from the road and warn other traffic participants.
4. Prohibition of detention or the vehicle is stationary N immobilization of the vehicle resulting from the conditions or rules of the road.
1. A driver is required to signal a stop of a motor vehicle or trailer due to damage or accident:
1. on a highway or road ekspresowej – in each case.
2. on other hard roads:
a. outside the zabudowanym- in the event of a stop on the road in a place where it is prohibited, and on the side, if the vehicle is not visible from a sufficient distance.
b. at obs
2. The stop of the vehicle, referred to in paragraph. 1, the signal shall be as follows:
1. on the highway or an expressway – by:
a . the inclusion of emergency lights of the vehicle, and the vehicle is not so equipped, turn on the parking lights.
b . placing warning triangle reflectors 100 meters behind the vehicle, the triangle is placed on the roadway or the shoulder, according to the place of immobilisation.
2. on other roads:
a . outside the zabudowanym- by placing at a distance of 30-50 meters behind the vehicle reflective warning triangle and the inclusion of hazard warning lights; if the vehicle is not equipped with emergency lights, turn on the parking lights.
b . area zabudowanym- by the inclusion of hazard warning lights, and the vehicle is not so equipped, turn on the parking lights and put reflective warning triangle behind the vehicle or on it, at a height of not more than 1 m.
3. Signaling referred to in paragraph. 1 and 2 in force by the time the vehicle is stationary.
Art. 50 a
1. The vehicle left without license plates or vehicle whose status indicates that it is not in use, can be removed from the road by the police or municipal police at the expense of the owner or keeper.
2. Vehicle removed in the manner specified in paragraph. 1, not received the call of the community by an authorized person within 6 months from the date of disposal, it is considered abandoned with the intention of getting rid of. This vehicle becomes the property of the municipality by law.
3. The provision of paragraph. 2 shall not apply if the failure to collect the vehicle due to reasons beyond the control of the person liable.
4. The provision of paragraph. 2 shall apply accordingly if within 6 months from the date of the removal of the vehicle has not been determined person entitled to receive it.
5. The minister responsible for internal affairs, following the principle of respect for property rights and the need to ensure order on public roads, determine by regulation:
1. detailed procedure and the individual and the conditions for their cooperation in the removal of vehicles without license plates, or whose status indicates that they are not used.
2. procedures for the takeover of the vehicle on the property of the municipality.
Using exterior lights
1. A driver is required to use headlights when driving in normal visibility:
1. the time from dusk to dawn.
2. in the period from 1 October to the last day of lutego-hour.
3. in the tunnel.
2. At the time from dawn to dusk in normal visibility, instead of headlights, a driver can use daytime running lights.
3. The time from dusk to dawn, on unlit roads, instead of dipped headlights or together with them, a driver may use a traffic light, if not blind other managers or pedestrians in the column. Driver, using the beam is obliged to switch it to low beam when approaching:
1. vehicle approaching from the opposite direction, whereby if one of the guiding lights off road – the other one is obliged to do the same.
2. the preceding vehicle when the driver can be blinded.
3. rail vehicle or water transport, if moving at such a distance that there is a possibility of blinding their drivers.
4. The head of a motorcycle, moped or rail vehicle shall be obliged to use while driving headlights, subject to paragraph. 3.
5. On the winding road, marked by road signs, a driver may use the front fog lights from dusk to dawn, even in normal visibility.
6. Paragraphs. 1-4 does not apply to driving vehicles that are not equipped with dipped beam, main beam or daytime running lights. In the cases referred to in paragraph. 1 point. 1 and 3 instead of these lights use lights which are mandatory equipment for vehicles.
7. The provisions of paragraphs. 1-5 shall apply accordingly when the vehicle stops, resulting from the conditions or rules of the road. If the detention lasts for more than 1 minute, allowed to turn off exterior lights of the vehicle, if on the same lane before the vehicle and behind it, facing other vehicles.
1. Directed by motor vehicle or rail, under the conditions of insufficient visibility, while not stop resulting from the traffic conditions or the rules of the road and during the stop, is obliged to use side lights or front and rear parking lights. The vehicle is not the attached trailer and the combination of vehicles with a length not exceeding 6 m is allowed to include only the parking lights from the center of the roadway.
2. When stopping or parking in a place lit enough to assure the visibility of the vehicle or outside the roadway and shoulder, all the lights can be turned off. This provision does not apply to rail vehicle and a vehicle on which the device or load protruding beyond the vehicle and require separate marking lights.
3. The light blinding roadside objects (sniffer) can be enabled only when stopped or stationary, provided that it does not dazzle other road users. This limitation does not apply to emergency vehicle.